Blackboard and IMS Update
What now seems like a lifetime ago (February) I attended the IMS Quarterly meeting in Melbourne, Australia in my new role as Director of Standards and Interoperability. Since Bob Alcorn is co-chair of the IMS Tools & Interoperability working group, and Jessica Finnefrock was involved with the IMS ePortfolio specification, I threw myself into the IMS Content & Packaging working group. It was quite a learning experience and I was glad to be able to contribute to the team's efforts.
Flash forward to yesterday and now I'm a co-chair of the IMS C&P group and we're busy ironing out the C&P charter documentation and planning to tackle a project plan at our next IMS Quarterly meeting in Madison, Wisconsin (May 9-13). While I'm busy with the C&P folks, Bob will be busy with the IMS Tools & Interoperability group as they race to finalize details in preparation for a much anticipated interoperability demo at the 2005 Alt-i-Lab conference (June 20-24).
There is a lot going on in the world of the IMS and other specifications, it is hard to keep up! We'll keep you posted on our progress.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home