Building Blocks Conference Day One
There are over 150 developers and system administrators here at the conference. I've seen lots of familiar faces, been able to put faces to the names of folks I've been corresponding with, and have met many new people. The System Administration sessions have been full to overflowing so we're scrambling to make more space for this track.
Between sessions the halls have been filled with small groups of people gathering to chat, demonstrate Building Blocks to one another, and renew friendships. I've got some great feedback on the conference (folks love the program, the new Building Blocks logo and the food) and some valuable suggestions for improving our documentation, requests for exposing new APIs, as well as questions about the Building Blocks Architect position.
The Poster Sessions were very busy. Our 6 presenters were swamped with attendees who saw demonstrations of Building Blocks and asked lots of questions. Based on the feedback I got and the enthusiasm of attendees, I think we'll be repeating the Poster Session idea next year.
After the conference we went over to Sequoia restaurant. The highlight of the evening was the Rubik's Cube puzzle solving contest. Paul Jarc from Case Western Reserve University wowed the crowd by solving the puzzle in 2 minutes and finished it without even looking at it!
I took a bunch of pictures.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home